Patricia will be cooking her amazing paella at West End Markets in Davies Park. Come and say ‘hi’ and pick up a delicious meal to keep you going through the day.
Paella Pans and burners have arrived!
How to cook Paella?
1 onion, 3 garlics, 1/2 kg chicken, 1/2 Salamanca Chorizo (buy from Patricia, at Davies Park market- best Chorizo in town), 1 1/2 cup of Calasparra rice ($12 at Patricia’s paella stall) 1 tub paella spices ($4 at Patricia’s paella stall), 2 cups chicken stock, 1 cup water, 1/2 kg peas, 1 red capsicum, 1 medium Spanish onion, parsley, lemon. Salt and Pepper.
- Fry 1 onion and later ad 3 garlics, ad salt and pepper (this call sofrito)
- Fry your Chicken until ready cook, ad salt and pepper
- ad sofrito, rice, and fill up with stock and water to the border of your paella pan
- Let it cook slow and stir when the rice is starting to change colour
- Ad more water if necessary – do not stir so much because is not risoto
- When the rice is ready ad the peas, and Salamanca chorizo stir all around
- ad the capsicum, the parsley, Spanish onions stir and leave a little bit for the final decoration
- Decorate with the lemons.
- Buen provecho – Paella deliciosa!